Monday, April 20, 2015

Training.

4/21 - deadlifts, situps, sauna







How Maya the Aspiring Aerialist Lost 70+ Pounds! | Nerd Fitness: "Like many folks, Maya was fairly fit her teens and early twenties, but when she entered grad school, that all fell apart. She graduated completely out of shape, and the weight piled up: 30 lbs, 40, 50, and beyond. Maya got stuck in a cycle, and for years let a poor diet add pounds to her waistline. She was in a place in her life where she wasn’t happy with herself or her situation and had spent a year doing hours upon hours of cardio only to see no results. Finally, after a contest at work (and becoming a Rebel armed with the right tools) got her kick-started, Maya began to turn things around. Just over a year later, she’s accomplished a TON. In her own words, here’s what Maya has done: I lost 70+ pounds. I went from a size 14 in dresses/pants to a size 2. I cut almost all processed foods out of my diet and began home-cooking everything. I threw away my fear and tried parkour. I balanced Crow pose. For a record of 20 seconds so far. With a freaking boot on my leg. I can now deadlift 170 lbs. That’s more than I weigh. I rehabbed a broken bone to almost perfect health (still a work in progress, but I’m at the tail end). I tried aerial and discovered I love acrobatics. I can climb a rope (or silks) up to a 25 ft ceiling. I could never climb anything before in my life. I ran a 5k. Only a month after my foot came out of its brace. I can go snowshoeing up a mountain in the snow for 2.5 hours without losing my cool – or my breath. I have abs. They still shock me when I look at myself in the mirror. Actually, I’m just shocked by the person I see in the mirror. Today she’s 70 lbs lighter, and a whole new person."
How Maya the Aspiring Aerialist Lost 70+ Pounds! | Nerd Fitness: "Steve: What would you say was the most important change you made? Lifting, absolutely. It’s embarrassing how terrified I used to be of free weights, "


No comments:

Post a Comment